. . . Do This Stupid Stuff
My SWEET number one daughter, Yarntangler, is tying up my busy retirement years with gimmicks like "memes" and "crazy eights" and comments about my hazy memory.
I am going (again) to tolerate her whims for a bit longer starting with this blog
tonight, to humor her and maybe to encourage Geezerguy to get her back into her new novel and out of everybody's hair for the time being.
I had to think hard about one category she tagged me with - what I did yesterday. That was a difficult task because, considering what she calls my hazy memory, that was about 24 hours ago.
What I'm looking forward to was easy - you'll see and what I wish to do wasn't too bad either.
The bit about shows, well, I don't watch shows much. So let's start:
THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO -
1) Becoming 86 years old next month
2) Retaining my dwindling eyesight
3) Getting my driving license renewed next month
4) Winning a big lottery sometime soon
5) Traveling again
6) Becoming 87 next year
7) Becoming - well if number one doen't pan out, forget the rest.
8) Becoming 88 two years down the road
THINGS I WISH I COULD DO
1) Read a good book again
2) End all wars
3) Achieve world peace
4) Enable a grandson to hear and speak
5) Make all my kids debt free
6) Increase our church membership
7) Better my memory
8) Out-do YT
THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1) Awoke and arose
2) Ate breakfast
3) Worked the crossword puzzle
4) Read a bunch of blogs
5) Ate lunch
6) Started some yard work
7) Quit work, too hot
8) Took a short nap
SHOWS I WATCH
1) Local TV news
2) CNN news
3) Anderson 360 (news)
4) Larry King Live
5) Lawrence Welk on PBS
6) The Weather
7) Dr. Phil (under protest)
8) Oprah (under protest)
THERE ! I'VE DONE IT. WASN'T THAT SWEET OF ME?
- 30 -