Friday, February 5, 2010

It Is Time Now . . .

To Play The Game

Tonight I may have made a bit of an error by soaking in the jacuzzi an hour and a half beyond the time my partner got out and got on her computer for an early start at solitaire.

We both enjoy playing the game, both of us with computers and with a zest for winning. Tonight, with a head start, Lady B will be hard to beat, as usual and the best I can hope for is a TIE. She's already up two on me.

If I can make a TIE, it will be only the second time in months that we came out even. but here I go . . .

But first a few tidbits from a couple of years-old email printouts which you might enjoy and or use.

What do bullet proof vests, laser printers, windshield wipers and fire escapes have in common?
All invented by women.

What is the state where the highest percentage of all people walk to work?
Alaska.

What is the shortest sentence in the English language?
"I am."

How difficult is it to take all the cat hair from clothing such as a bathrobe?
Crunch up a sheet of Bounce and rub it around and it magically will collect the cat hair. [I need to try it for dog hair.]

Martha Stewart asks if you know how to stop the shells of eggs from cracking while hardboiling the eggs?
The answer is add a pinch of salt to the hot water before immersing the eggs.

Martha also wonders if you know how to determine if an egg is fresh. Do you?
Answer: Put the egg in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it's fresh. If it floats, throw it away.

What happens most in the month of December?
Conception. [ I didn't know that!]

Gracie Allen [remember her?] advised the way to determine when a roast of beef is properly roasted is to put a small roast and a big roast in the oven together. When the small one burns, the big one is done.

Now that I've passed on all that intelligence, I'll get to work on the TIE -
or maybe it could be a beat.

- 30 -



1 comment: