Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Luck Mr. President

President Barack Obama has become the first symbol of the "change" which was touted so long in the 2008 Presidential campaign.



(I can call him president at this writing since he is only hours away from his new title and from becoming our nation's leader) .


I say "symbol" of change in this manner - President Obama has changed history by becoming the first non-white to hold our nation's highest office.


That said, I now welcome the change that has been overdue since long before President Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation; a change reflecting the words of our country's constitution, "that all men are created equal."


I applaud the beginning of a new era of "all men are created equal". Despite my vote for President Obama's opponent, I shall respect our new president and pray President Obama will succeed in achieving the changes he believes will help the United States to recover and maintain its stability, its reputation and respect worldwide.



- 30 -


Old Newsie

No comments:

Post a Comment